Baba said: The lover has to keep the wish of the Beloved. My wish for My lovers is as follows:
I. Do not shirk your responsibilities.
2. Attend faithfully to your worldly duties, but keep always at the back of your mind that all this is Baba's.
3. When you feel happy, think: "Baba wants me to be happy." When you suffer, think: "Baba wants me to suffer."
4. Be resigned to every situation and think honestly and sincerely: "Baba has placed me in this situation."
5. With the understanding that Baba is in everyone, try to help and serve others.
6. I say with My Divine Authority to each and all that whoever takes My name at the time of breathing his last comes to Me: so do not forget to remember Me in your last moments. Unless you start remembering Me from now on, it will he difficult to remember Me when your end approaches. You should start practicing from now on. Even if you take My name only once every day, you will not forget to remember Me in your dying moments.
After the discourse Baba called for some jokes. Then Baba had 'My Wish' read again. He said, "This is in addition to the orders I shall send from India between the tenth of June and the tenth of July." The discourse was read a third time. Again Baba said, "I want you to follow everything that is said here point by point, but this discourse excludes one point—on obedience. Any order I may send between the tenth of June and the tenth of July, you should follow implicitly and carry it out at any cost."
Baba left the Barn and as he was driven slowly away by Elizabeth in the blue Ford, a line of lovers formed to touch or kiss his extended hand. He had private interviews at the Lagoon Cabin until 2 o'clock. Then, to the sound of gay music, he was carried in his chair to the spot opposite the long party table on which was a triptych photo of him in his youth. Some youngsters then garlanded him with pink carnations. He embraced each of the 40 children present, both colored and white. The youngest, little Raphael Rudd, perched on his daddy's shoulders, cried, "Baba, Baba!" Then Baba was carried to the huge three-tiered birthday cake, on which was written "The goal is to be united with Him in love." Baba cut it and was carried back to his chair as we all sang "Happy Birthday." He then dipped